5.07 Release Notes
- Gmail and Outlook Calendar Integration
- HTML Emails for Recruitment Notifications with Improved Subject and Body Management per notification
- Interpreted Time Rules now support specific day and date rules e.g. Sunday Rates
- Send back with Generic Workflow allows for a specific step to be selected
- Workflow Step number displayed in Workflow forms
- Add Day’s added to Punch Timesheet
- Extended Workflow Admin Access for Custom Workflows
- New Employee Email switched on by default in New Employee Wizard
- Optional Employee Acknowledgement added to Performance Reviews
- Ability to switch of password changes when SSO (Single Sign On) is used by default
- Improved Pay Item Extraction Adjustment Report
Gmail and Outlook Calendar Integration
We have added a new Calendar integration feed to support activity integration / display for Gmail / Outlook and other calendar solutions that support ICS feeds. You will need to enable the form under System > Access – it is in the Todo module and called Calendar Feed Settings . You may also need to adjust user view permissions. Please note that Calendar Feeds can be
defined and shared across the organization so it is not necessary for all users to define a feed instead an administrator or similar could define the feed and then share the URL for import into your employees calendars e.g. Holiday calendar for Programming Department To define a new feed go to Todo > Calendar Feed Settings
- Click on the plus icon
- Define the Calendar feed date range, the included employees and remove /or include specific events
- Click on save to complete
- You can copy the Feed ID (URL) by right clicking on the hash link
- Then import the URL feed into your calendar feed of choice.
- Each time the calendar is accessed it will automatically be updated by the new events and employees that match the calendar feed criteria.
HTML Emails for Recruitment Notifications with Improved Subject and Body Management per notification
All notifications used in the recruitment module can now have specific email subject and email bodies in addition you can optionally replace – the PDF letters with HTML emails. If you are unfamilar with HTML you may need assistance from your web / marketing team – but you can add a branded look and feel and even add custom HTML code and reference images available on the web e.g. Company logo’s etc After the update no change to the exiting PDF attachments will be made unless you de-active the letter and adjust the notifications – but it’s quick to change the email subject / add a tailored email body. Simply open up the Recruitment > Notification Templates > open the templates.
Interpreted Time Rules now support specific day and date rules e.g. Sunday Rates
Interpreted Time Rules based on work schedule have been extended to include specific rules for days of the week / specific dates. You will need to add this after defining a new rule. They cannot be appended to existing rules that have been used / allocated.
Send back with Generic Workflow allows for a specific step to be selected
When a user is processing a generic workflow step they now have an option of sending back to a specific step rather than the prior step in addition a processing comment will be required when sending back to ensure appropriate guidance / reason for the send back is provided.
Workflow Step number displayed in Workflow forms
Step numbers are now displayed on the workflow forms allowing users to easily see the stage of the workflow. This is especially useful for custom workflows e.g. in the below screenshot the highlighted Recruitment Approval is at step 3 out of 4.
Add Day’s added to Punch Timesheet / Traditional Timesheet
Users now have the ability to add a missed day or add a day if they accidently excluded a day by default. This saves having a separate workflow for a missed day.
Extended Workflow Admin Access for Custom Workflows
System > Workflow Admin access can now be provided for Custom workflow administrators. Its worthwhile getting setup assistance with support. It has been provided to add workflow management capability to workflow administrators linked to a custom configuration e.g. employees in company X or department A. With the addition of Custom approval and management rules for standard workflows e.g. Time Off (Leave Requests) these workflow admins can now be given access to the System > Workflow Admin areas and only see / escalate and action workflows that they manage.